Discover a Corporate Travel Consultant career with Direct Travel!
As one of the fastest growing Travel Management Companies (TMC) in the world, Direct Travel is a leading provider of corporate travel management, leisure, and meetings and events services. We leverage the expertise of our people, where we enable our clients to derive the greatest value from their travel programs from our offerings of superior customer service, progressive technologies, and significant cost savings.
We have offices throughout the US, Canada and the UK. We’re currently ranked the 10th on Travel Weekly’s 2018 Top 25 Power List.
We're looking to hire a Corporate Travel Consultant to join our San Jose, CA team. This position is a virtual role that is responsible for the successful completion of comprehensive, accurate and cost effective travel arrangements for Direct Travel clients. This position's shift is Monday-Friday 10AM-7PM PST.
What You Would Do:
- Complete domestic / international travel arrangements for clients which may include air, hotel, ground transportation, and rail
- Support any documentation of international travel documents, Visa, passport.
- Operate within detailed procedures
- Interact with traveler or travel arranger and provides 1st level of support for customer service and technical issues
- Ensure compliance of a clients travel policy while utilizing DT preferred vendors to maximize profit
- Adhere to DT standards in delivering customer service including telephone and email etiquette, and follows prescribed customer service escalation procedure.
- Follow company standards regarding procedures, utilization of tools, productivity, accuracy of work, and attendance
- Attend staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in travel industry and office procedures which may require you to work in the office if home based
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working environment
- Work with hotel, car, rail to ensure client customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned
We're Looking for these Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience providing domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of airline ticketing rules and regulations.
- High proficiency using Airline GDS, either Apollo or Sabre
- Proficient in producing lowest logical airfare within client’s policy.
- Understands international airfares and international ticketing.
- Proficient in Internet searches and online booking processes.
- Thorough working knowledge of Exchanging, reissue of tickets.
- Must be able to thoroughly read, understand and follow client travel policies and guidelines.
- Thorough understanding of Reading each companies information and following guidelines of their policy.
- Excellent communication skills via email and phone
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to meet and exceed required performance standards
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Work well under pressure and have the ability to deal with change and adversity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Works well independently as well within a group.
What We Offer our Employees:
- Opportunity to work for a Top 10 TMC - named by Travel Weekly
- Great company culture
- Awesome teammates
- Medical, Dental, Vision options + more
- Fitness membership discounts
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program
- Training opportunities
- Generous PTO + Holidays + Doctor’s Day
- Competitive market pay
- 401k employer contribution
- Travel perks, including dedicated travel teams to book discounted travel
- Employee discount programs
- Plus many more!
Direct Travel is an EOE/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer.