For each assigned group travel departure, an Operations Director serves as AHI’s point of contact with all contracted suppliers of services, including hotels, destination management companies, transportation suppliers, guides and lecturers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Communicating to suppliers all necessary passenger and trip operation information;
• Administering supplier contracts, including the management of cancellation, reduction and attrition provisions and the internal and external management of supplier payment schedules, invoices and payments;
• Securing as needed additional space/services from program suppliers;
• Consulting with suppliers regarding special circumstances, on-site anomalies and necessary itinerary adjustments;
• Responding promptly to information requests from AHI’s Passenger Sales, Passenger Service and Sales Administration departments regarding details of program features and destination information;
• Communicating as needed throughout AHI adjustments made to program features, itineraries and schedules, both before departure and during a program operation.
• Communicating as needed with AHI’s on-site travel staff regarding program operations and passenger information;
• Supervising and enforcing the delivery of contracted goods and services from suppliers to AHI’s travelers.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Two years’ experience in international tour operations preferred but not necessarily required
• Excellent negotiating and communication skills
• General knowledge of destinations and geography
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Word Skills
• International travel experience