A Floater Travel Counselor’s primary objective is to make professional, accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for all customers, whether the customer is corporate client or individual travelers. It is paramount that such travel arrangements are made within World Travel, Inc.’s customer service standards and within each client’s travel reservation guidelines. As a member of the company’s Operations Business Unit, all Floater Travel Reservationists are charged with offering consistent, high-caliber customer service.
|The duties and responsibilities of Floater Travel Counselor include but are not limited to:|
- Completing travel arrangements for customers with air, car, and/or hotel vendors at the lowest possible fare. Utilizes preferred vendors to maximize profit for World Travel, Inc. and/or commissions for client.
- Follows World Travel, Inc. procedures, guidelines, and standards in areas of customer service, building Passenger Name Records (PNRs) and profiles, ticketing, utilization of management information systems, productivity, attendance, and accuracy of work.
- During emergency situations and/or poor weather conditions, Floater Travel Counselor’s may be required to report to a different World Travel, Inc. location, or work a different shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel to clients when needed to fill in for Travel Counselors who are on vacation or on leave.
|In addition to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities, a Floater Travel Counselor is accountable for:|
- Researching and providing solutions to travel-related issues clients may have with pending (or, “live”) reservations or PNRs.
- Keeping fully informed about all airline rules and regulations, tariffs and other industry requirements and accurately applies this information when making travel arrangements.
- Maintaining a high level of competency in operating the global distribution system (GDS).
- Attending staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
- Keeping immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all issues or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Maintaining a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Ability to meet and maintain performance standards defined for Floater Travel Counselors.
- Ability to keep and maintain proper reimbursement records through Concur Expense defined for Floater Travel Counselors.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of travel industry rules including proficiency in at least one GDS.
- Strong customer service orientation (internal and external); diplomacy and tact required in contact with clients, vendors, and co-workers; courteous, professional phone manner is a requirement.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- To succeed in this position, employees must be well-organized, accurate, detail-oriented, professional and courteous.
High School or equivalent education is required; completion of accredited travel school program is preferred.
3-5 years’ experience in corporate travel environment is required. Familiarity with corporate online booking tools is preferred.
Apollo and or Sabre GDS system familiarity preferred.
Proficiency in MS Office preferred particularly Outlook and Excel